Does the term "Blogging" make your heart skip a beat, engrave wrinkles to your forehead, bring sweat to your palms or anxiety and fear to your mind...well, I can assure you, you are not alone. Thousands of people feel the exact same way. It's not easy putting your thoughts and ideas out there for the world to see. After all...What will you write? How do you start? What if no one likes it? What if they don't agree? What if they DO like it, then what will you write the next time?
There are so many reasons to be afraid...and yet every social media expert is telling you that you should...NO, you MUST do this to improve your SEO/Google rankings. So, you grudgingly make the decision that, despite your fears, you will take on this daunting task...now what do you do??
- Sign up for an account - You will need a platform for your blog - this is simply where you will create and maintain your blog. I would suggest using BLOGGER, it is easy to use and like most Google products, it will be beneficial to your SEO/Google rankings. Of course, there are other platforms such as Word Press, Tumblr, Xanga etc.
- Pick a topic - this can be an overwhelming task - after all, there are endless topics, right? First, start by narrowing down to topics related to your business. Second, narrow it down to the most interesting topics of your business. And last, narrow to the topic that you have the most knowledge about. As you go through this exercise, write down the topics you come up with...you will likely need to go back to this for your next blog. And remember, YOU are the expert when it comes to your business - so give the readers VALUE with your content.
- Keep it simple - Blogs are not novels. It needs to be direct, to the point and easy to read. There is no "hard and fast rule" to the length, but 500 words is good rule of thumb.
- Use Interesting Photos - People love photos and images speak louder than words. So, be sure to incorporate photos or videos in your blog.
- Consistency - Decide how often you are going to commit to your blog and STICK TO YOUR PLAN. Some like to blog daily, others like to blog three times a week, some stick to once a week. Whatever your plan, make it consistent so your followers know what to expect from you.
Check out our Wedding Planning Portals in YOUR area...
Napa Valley, CA -- Boulder, CO -- Colorado Springs, CO -- Denver, CO -- Fort Collins, CO -- Pueblo, CO -- Rocky Mtn, CO -- Boca Raton, FL -- Ft Lauderdale, FL -- Sarasota, FL -- W.Palm Beach, FL -- Kansas City, KS -- Kansas City, MO -- Lake Ozark, MO -- St Louis, MO -- Detroit Lakes, MN -- Minneapolis, MN, -- St Paul, MN -- Las Vegas, NV -- Raleigh, NC -- Fargo, ND -- Columbus, OH -- Knoxville, TN -- Gatlinburg, TN -- Nashville, TN -- Pigeon Forge, TN -- Dallas, TX